Tuesday 8 March 2011

Do Eye Care Vitamins Work?

I had gone to my eye doctor for my regular check up and we discovered that my left eye was showing signs of less than perfect vision. It was not bad enough to require glasses but he said that at some point I may need to look into them if my vision continues to deteriorate. It was then that I asked him about eye care vitamins. I had heard about vitamin A and Lutein, as well as others. Did these eye vitamins really do anything or was it just a scam concocted by the manufacturers. The eye doctor went on to tell me that research as indicated that certain vitamins are critical for proper eye health. Many of these are ingested through a proper diet but that taking supplements is simply an insurance policy. considering that my vision was showing signs of deterioration now was a good time for me to look into eye care vitamins for eye health.

When I got home I turned to the internet for information on the types of vitamins that are recommended for eye health. Surprizingly there are quite a few more than I realized. Vitamins such as A,C,E, Zinc, and Copper were the ones that I read about the most but there were over 20 different ones that were recommended for eye health. I wanted to find a complete supplement that did not included any dairy, gluten, salt or fillers of any kind. The eye doctor also told me that I may notice an improvement with my dry eyes. At different times of the years this dry, pain in my eyes can be a real problem. Not only are these eye care vitamins good for the eyes but many of them have other important health benefits for the body as well. All in all I thought taking a specialized supplement was a good idea and my doctor agreed. I admit it was a bit scary to have the doctor tell me that my vision was not as good as it had been in the past. It was a real wake up call for me to start to care for my eyes.

Many of us just take our good vision for granted. I fall right into that category. It is only when we begin to loose that great eye sight that we begin to consider the potential benefits of eye care vitamins. If I can keep from getting glasses and hold onto the vision that I have I am more then willing to take my vitamins.

No comments:

Post a Comment