Tuesday 8 March 2011

Results Show What the Best Moisturizing Eye Cream Is

I recently did a search for the best moisturizing eye cream. I have some knowledge about ingredients to look for, as well as those to avoid. So, I found the search interesting to say the least.

There are a number of different websites that rate products according to results. When it comes to creams for use around the eyes, they report on reduction of bags and dark circles, as well as firmness.

When laboratory researchers measure moisture, they also measure elasticity. Typically if a product improves one, it improves the other.

A highly rated product at one of these comparison websites is a product called "Eye-derma". So, I checked out the ingredients. Some of them, like hesperidins and vitamin P are good. But, I wouldn't call it the best moisturizing eye cream because it contains parabens.

Parabens are commonly used preservatives. They are also common allergens and have been linked to cancer. They are chemically stable, so they accumulate in the body over time and may become toxic. I avoid them whenever possible.

Another highly rated product is "Z. Biggati Restoration Eye Return". I wouldn't recommend this one either. Although it contains grape seed oil which is an effective moisturizer and especially beneficial for the skin around the eyes, it contains a number of preservatives, including parabens and one very common allergen a type of urea.

So, on I went with my search for the best moisturizing eye cream. The next product that I looked at didn't fully disclose the ingredients. The primary ingredient in the next one on the list was polyacrylamide. Under normal conditions, polyacrylamide can break down into acrylamide, known to be toxic to the nervous system.

I don't know about you, but I'm not putting anything around my eyes that is not completely safe and I certainly don't want to be exposed to a neurotoxin. Sometimes, I don't understand how these products stay on the market.

All together, I looked at the ingredients in the top ten products that were mentioned by the reviewers. Without exception, they all contained parabens.

Without a doubt, the best moisturizing eye cream should contain grape seed oil, hesperidins, vitamin P, protein peptides, natural vitamin E, coenzyme Q10 and algae extract. But, it should not contain parabens or other hazardous chemicals. There's just no reason for it.

Scientists have shown that the "good" ingredients reduce bags, increase elasticity and reduce dark circles. But, preservatives and things like polyacrylamide do nothing. Natural vitamin E is an effective preservative, but what most companies use is synthetic vitamin E, so they have to add preservatives.

The "good" ingredients have antioxidant activity that prevents and repairs free radical damage. So, the longer you use them, the better you look.

You won't find the best moisturizing eye cream on one of those top ten reviewed web sites. It's new to the market and the company mostly keeps to itself. But, if you really want something effective, you'll take the time to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment